Council and Local Government
We are specialists with wide ranging experience in offering Council and Local Government services including, but not limited to:
- Neighbourhood Plans – We are currently in the process of providing neighbourhood plans services to Parish and Town Councils. We can cater our services to the needs required and can have as little input or as much input desired. With our high level local authority experience and public sector experience we feel that we have the best experience and mind set to offer excellent services in this area. Government funding is available for neighbourhood plans services also. The neighbourhood planning process can be quite daunting and the initial aim of undertaking the work in the first place can be lost through trying to comply with policy and requirements. We ensure that robust, well evidenced and community influenced neighbourhood plans are produced.
- Local Plans – We offer local plans services to Councils and are experienced in this field with both planning policy and development management experience within the public and private sector.
- Supplementary Planning Documents – We produce the full range of supplementary planning documents and guidance for Councils.
- 5 Year Housing Land Supply Assessments – We are experts in calculating and defending 5-year housing land supply positions as well as experts in relation to winning appeals against Council’s who believe there is a defendable 5-year housing supply position when there is not.
- Planning Appeals and Hearings on behalf of Local Authorities – We are experts in making planning appeals to the Planning Inspectorate under section 78 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 and where required arguing and defending positions by written representation and at appeal hearings. We provide appeal services on behalf of local authorities as well as on behalf of appellants.
- Planning Consultancy and Advisory Services – We provide many planning consultancy and advisory services to Councils. We can deal with planning applications, planning appeals, site assessments and many more services on behalf of Council’s or by acting as an independent consultant.
Our background working within a range of councils across East Anglia mean we are well placed to offer these expert services and more.