We are delighted to confirm that we are working on a new planning application for the former Pontins Holiday site at Hemsby.
Parker Planning Services, as the Planning Consultants and Paul Robinson Partnership, as the Architects, are delighted to be working with Pine Developments, in relation to producing a full planning application for the re-development of the site. Having worked collaboratively on many projects, we’ve developed a wealth of experience in managing major development projects in the area between us.
This will be a high quality development making use of the existing buildings where possible in order to reduce the demolition and waste removal for the site, and to make sustainable use of buildings which are capable of being remodelled. We have taken on board the comments made in the pre-application meeting, we then sought to provide greater community facilities and tourism accommodation that was secured as part of the outline application. The site has a ‘parkland’ feel to it with the many wonderful trees and landscaping features and this has also contributed to the desire to retain the existing buildings and layout of the site to enable as much of those attractive features to be retained as possible.
The proposal will include:
- Remodelling existing holiday chalets to provide new, affordable homes by merging two units into one, extensively reconfiguring internal layouts and transforming the external appearance, including balcony areas and constructing attractive pitched roofs. The buildings will be cladded in contemporary and attractive materials to modernise them and improve their energy efficiency as well as their appearance, modern energy efficient technology will also be used. This philosophy will result in attractive, efficient , affordable and low running cost homes.
- A number of the existing chalets will be converted in a similar vein but retained as holiday accommodation which is important to improve the tourism accommodation offering
- Instead of the outline application’s suggestion of caravans, the proposal will involve attractive lodges to offer a diversity of accommodation
- Retail space will be provided in the form of a convenience store as well as several smaller units for local businesses such as hairdressers
- The swimming pool building will be transformed and re-modelled to provide a modern swimming pool and leisure facility including a café and potentially a bar, gym space and spa. This is seen as a hub, both for the tourism element of the proposal, but just as importantly for the local community of Hemsby, adding a valuable community facility to the area
- The 22 acre site is already blessed with extensive and mature trees and landscaping. The new owners and the design team all feel these are important features to be preserved and enhanced. Indeed, the development’s name, “The Pines” is a nod to the retained flora.
It is particularly important to the new owners and developers for the site to achieve a development to be proud of which adds value to the community.
This is a highly exciting project which we are all delighted and proud to be involved with.